Loving Lindenhurst and its Real Estate!
The Village of Lindenhurst in Suffolk County, New York, sits on the southern shore of Long Island in the town of Babylon. On average, Lindenhurst real estate listings tend to move faster than listings in other areas of Suffolk County (avg. 85 days vs. 109 days).
Lindenhurst by the Numbers
According to the most recent U.S. census figures, the village’s population is about 27,253.
- The average price for a home in Lindenhurst is $420,000 – that’s almost half what the average home price is in Suffolk County!
- Taxes in Lindenhurst also tend to be lower than the county average ($10,686 vs. $12,332).
- The average price of Lindenhurst real estate listings per square foot is $204, while county listings average $293.
- Lindenhurst boasts a significantly higher “Walkscore” of 51, compared to the county average of 27!
Life in Lindenhurst
Lindenhurst has a lot going for it. As Mayor Michael A. Lavorata said in his most recent Mayor’s Message, “We continue to see progress in our Downtown Business District. Remember, the focus of the Administration has been to move towards a more family friendly Village with new restaurants and an overall appeal for both residents and visitors alike. That realization will be even more obvious as we move through 2019.”
The Restoration Kitchen and W A Meadwerks are among the newest additions. “There are several more surprises which will be unveiled over the next few months but suffice to say, Lindy will become more the place to be, so get excited everyone as we move forward with many more great projects and eateries,” they mayor says.
Among the village’s attractions are:
- The Historical Society
- Summer Recreation Program
- Irmisch Park, which hosts two museums:
- The 1901 Restored Railroad Depot and Freight
- Old Village Hall Museum
- Village Of Lindenhurst Museum
- Youth Center
If you’re looking for real estate listings in Lindenhurst, you may also be interested in checking out the Proudtown tour of Lindenhurst.
If you would like more information about real estate in Lindenhurst or the listings on our site for Dix Hills, Holbrook or Riverhead real estate, please contact us.